Thursday, November 1, 2012

Football Jig: Bass Fishing Lures Greatness



Nothing says power bass fishing like football jigs and when I find a jig color and shape that I like, I will use it repeatedly on different Texas or Oklahoma lakes, in many different bass fishing situations (weather, bass patterns, etc.).  So it was no massive surprise that, when I first came into contact with Krypton Lures football jigs on Lunkercatch.com, I instantly fixed my need for a football jig that, pardon the pun, didn't quite fit the mold of your everyday, commonplace bass fishing lure.

Well, I opted to use the 3/4 ounce Bluegill Krypton Lures Football Jig on Lake Fork (as I was prefishing for bass).  Man, oh man ... Oh, man.  Even though this particular color seems more effective during the spring months on Texas bass lakes, I nailed four slot largemouth bass with this very jig.  (Guess it's a good thing I took pictures first!)  These bass devoured the jig.  I used a Fish Candy Bait Watermelon Seed Flapper Hawg (these trailers are deadly, folks).  Both bass lures are considered top baits for serious anglers, especially when combined.


I fished flats with slight drop offs, but I focused on using this football jig almost like you would a heavy crankbait, swimming it and bouncing the football head off the bottom, which drove the bass nuts.  From time to time, I would stroke it off the bottom and let it sit for a minute or so (for a slower presentation with bursts of activity).  My suggestion is to experiment with both baits to see what will work for you.



The 3/4 ounce Bluegill Football Jig by Krypton Lures and Fish Candy Baits' Watermelon Seed Flapper Hawg are available for purchase on Lunkercatch.com, your primary source for top bass baits and effective largemouth bass lures.  Truly considered pro bass baits for real strikes, you will enjoy each bass bait like no other.  I can't wait to test both bass lures on Lake Grapevine and Joe Pool Lake!



1 comment: