Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bass Fishing on Lake Ray Hubbard: Boat Sinks

So I was bass fishing for a few hours, taking a quick break from work, when I witnessed this man towing a boat with three gigantic holes in it.  It took him over an hour to tow it less than a mile.  Since I was fishing from shore, near the rocks, I couldn't offer any assistance, but I watched ten boats run right by him without even asking if this man needed help.  Anyway, it was quite a sight to see.  Hopefully this man will be able to get the boat out of the water, but it currently sits at the Robeson Park public ramp (about 60-70 yards from the ramp).

As to the actual fishing (all 45 minutes of it), it seemed fairly slow.  Normally, I can cast a shaky head or drop shot for a few fish suspending on the rocks, catching 4-5 in a relatively short period; however, the fish weren't there.  Had I been in my bass boat, I would have hit 4-5 spots near the dam.  Lately, the fish have been hitting weightless soft baits on rocky points, which is surprising with the dramatic climate changes we've experienced over the last three weeks.

Bass fishing on Texas lakes and Louisiana lakes is about to take off, so now is the time to get on the water and find those largemouth bass who want to fatten up for the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment