Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Get Jiggy - Weather Change for Bass Fishing

Frequently I switch to finesse fishing techniques when a cold front comes into town, but I've learned over the years, after many disappointing tournament results, that cold fronts don't necessarily mean "cold" bass fishing.

While I do believe finesse techniques come to the rescue on those difficult bass fishing days, power fishing with football jigs can be just as effective. Take, for example, this All Terrain Tackle Football Jig that I bought from Lunkercatch.com, which proved to be effective on Lake Ray Hubbard recently. A cold front moved in and the fishing slowed down, but it didn't die. I stroked this jig in 20 feet on some submerged rock piles, landing several three pound largemouth bass. Though the bass weren't on the bottom, they were suspended close enough to the bottom that this football jig, when violently stroked, caused a reaction strike.

Adjusting to what the weather does ... That's been critical for my bass fishing adventures. With pro bass bait like this, who needs to leave the lake, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment